Welcome to Social Justice!
Graduates of Arleta High School Social Justice Small Learning Community will be
Community contributors who:
- Donate their time and individual talents to improve the quality of life within their community.
- Demonstrate an awareness that fosters acceptance of individual and cultural differences.
- Understand how local and global issues impact their community.
- Identify and apply themes of social justice to community activities.
Critical thinkers who:
- Identify and solve problems effectively.
- Read with comprehension, discerning relevance and reliability of information.
- Interpret, evaluate, and reflect on learning.
- Analyze and interpret social and political issues.
Effective communicators who:
- Write skillfully with meaning and clarity.
- Speak with confidence to an audience.
- Present organized information using technology.
- Communicate knowledge of social systems by participating in school and/or community activities.
Self-directed learners who:
- Set and accomplish personal, academic, and social goals.
- Exercise honest self-evaluation.
- Demonstrate motivation and discipline.
- Create and implement solutions for issues impacting the community.