Girls Head Coach: Steve Martinez
Junior Varsity Coach: Beatrice Pena
Freshmen/Sophomore Coach: Adriana Luna
Girls CIF Season: Fall (July- November)
Tryouts: Contact Coach Martinez for more information.
Class Period: Girls Volleyball has a Period 4 class during the Fall and Period 3 in the Spring.
Boys Head Coach: Luis Sanchez
Boys CIF Season: Spring (February-June)
Paperwork: All athletes must complete the athletic clearance forms on Home Campus, submit a photo copy of their medical insurance, and have a sports physical. All forms can be found on the Athletic Forms tab.
Arleta High School started a volleyball tradition back in 2007 when it introduced the inaugural season for the Girls volleyball team. Since then, highlights and accomplishments include:
- Inaugural season in Division I (2016)
- Division III Finalist (2015)
- Becoming the undefeated East Valley League Champions (2015)
- Adding a frosh/soph team in 2010 (which won their first league title in 2012)
- The Varsity team making playoffs for the 1st time (also in 2010)
- The Varsity team winning its 1st playoff game (2011).
- The Varsity team winning the LAUSD Academic Excellence Award for the highest team GPA in the district (2011).
- In 2012, the first alumni game was held bringing back the girls who paved the way for the volleyball program.
- Inaugural season Spring 2013
- Varsity Team made 1st playoff appearance (2013)
- Varsity Team won 1st playoff game (2013)
Arleta High School competes in the CIF City Section East Valley League Division 2. Our League opponents include Chavez High School, Grant High School, Monroe High School, North Hollywood High School, Polytechnic High School, and Verdugo Hills High School.
History: The file below was the first ever boys volleyball match played vs.Canoga Park HS on February 25, 2013. Arleta won 3 games to 2. Junior Hugo Zepeda, started the boys volleyball tradition by serving 6 straight points. The team improve tremendously, went on to take third place in league and qualified for city section playoffs.