Arleta High School students are responsible for displaying appropriate behavior at all times. The information on the following pages provides guidelines for student behavior.TRUANCY POLICY
Any student who is absent from school or arrives to class 30 minutes tardy without a valid excuse is truant. The Loitering/Truancy Ordinance prohibits students under the age of 18 from loitering in or upon the public streets, highways, roads, alleys, parks, playgrounds, or other public grounds between the hours of 8:30 a.m. and 1:30 p.m. on days when the students’ school is in session.
The exceptions to this are:
- the student is accompanied by a parent or guardian
- the student is on an emergency errand directed by a parent or guardian
- the student is going or coming directly from their place of gainful employment
- the student is going to or returning from a medical appointment
- the student is going to or returning directly home from a public meeting
A violation of this ordinance may result in a citation of $250 and a court appearance.