Bella Arleta Covid Edition
Bella Arleta 2020
The Home Edition
The Bella Arleta Chalk Drawing Contest is on! Although we are in unusual times, creativity and a passion to create are still alive and well. This year the circumstances are a bit different, but our tradition will carry on.
- Open to all Arleta students
- Limited to only 15 students this year. No partners.
- Students must submit a draft prior to the contest (see entry form attachment below), student art must be approved by administration in order to participate.
- Artwork will be posted on the Arleta website.
- Artwork must be done on an area around your own home practicing safe social distancing protocols. Size is not limited but should be about 18”x24”
- 5/22/20 Submission draft (to be in the contest)
- 5/25/20 Participants (15) will be announced via email
- 5/26/20 Chalk pick-up (if necessary, time TBD)
- 6/1/20 Final Chalk Submission Deadline (Picture to Mr. Martinez)
Theme this year:
“Messages for the Visionaries: Class of 2020"
Our hearts go out to the wonderful class of 2020 who have worked very hard to get to this point in their educational journey. They will not be able to celebrate as a class on stage this year so as a Mustang family we will honor them in any way we can. As artists, let's celebrate their accomplishment in a creative way..
Chalk is available to participants and will be handed out on Monday 5/25/20. Colors are limited. You are welcome to purchase your own set but please make sure it is sidewalk chalk or chalk pastel and NOT oil pastels.
All drafts need to be submitted to Mr. Martinez email@example.com no later than Friday 5/22 for approval. Drafts should be in color if you have access to color pencils, crayons etc.
Done by staff and faculty. All art will be placed on the Arleta Website. Winners will be announced on 6/5/20.